You can book your first session by contacting us or via online booking. To achieve best results we will contact you to send a photo of your brows front on so we can assess your brows over email or phone. Then we will go through before and aftercare, contraindications with you to ensure you are a candidate for cosmetic tattoo. Once your booking is confirmed we will send you an information pack to ensure you feel confident and prepared for your first appointment.
If you would prefer to book a separate consultation to go through the information in person, discuss any concerns and gain clarity for the procedure that is also an option. The consult will be between15-20 mins with Grace
1. Cosmetic Tattooing First Session
Prior to your first session we will contact you to discuss your ideal shape, colour, technique and expectations while confirming the booking details with you. We will run through some brief pre-appointment questions, explain aftercare and discuss the process with you so you can feel confident and informed when you come to the salon for your first session.
We will ask you to bring inspiration photos so we have a clear understanding of what you like and what you want to achieve. We will give our recommendation on the best shape, colour and technique for your brows as well. First sessions are usually 1.5 hours long.
Refer to our price list for the different techniques of cosmetic tattooing.
*$100 deposit is required to book in your first session. This comes off the total price.
In Person Consultation (Optional)
You can book in a face to face consultation with us. We go through:
- Skin analysis
- Brow assessment
- Give recommendation on the best technique to achieve the results you want
- Whether cosmetic tattooing is for you
- Plan the best time to do cosmetic tattooing and the 4-8 week touchup
*Consults are $50 and 15 - 20 mins long. If treatment is booked within 6 months, consult cost comes off the total price.
2. Cosmetic Tattooing Second Session
Modern cosmetic tattooing is a multi-session process. Your brows are not complete until the second session is done. It's crucial to book your second session asap to ensure availability. Second sessions are usually 30 mins long.
* Touchup pricing depends on time lapsed since the first session. See price list.
** See 'Our Policy' when making a booking. We reserve large blocks of time for each client. We respect your time so please respect ours. To ensure availability, book in advance.
*** Most people only require 1 touchup at 4 - 8 weeks however you may need additional sessions depending on the look you want, your skin and aftercare.
Ready to book online?
Follow this link to book in a consultation:
To prepare for your first session:
No blood thinners including caffeine, alcohol, fish oil and pain killers for two days before your cosmetic tattoo session.
No exercise and sweaty activities e.g. sauna for one week after your first session.
No swimming and sun exposure for two weeks after your first session.
No wetting the brows in the shower for one week after your first session. You can use cold water to clean your brows before reapplying cream.
Follow numbing instructions provided at the consult.
Bring photos of the way you usually do your makeup and dress, this is an indication of your style and very important for Grace to understand your everyday style.
Read as much information on our website, instagram and facebook for an overall understanding of cosmetic tattoo.
Save photos of brows you like on our page and bring photos of yourself with your makeup on and your everyday look.
To prepare for your touchup:
Same instructions as the first session apply for your touchup.
Who is suitable for cosmetic tattoo:
Must not be:
- Pregnant - Breast feeding clients must express before procedure as they cannot breast feed 48 hours post
- Under the age of 18
- Keloid Scarring - on the face
- Psoriasis - on the face
- Eczema - on the face
- Dermatitis - on the face
- Sunburn - face only
- Any major surgeries (discuss with Grace)
- Microdermabrasion, chemical peel, using active skincare products, botox within 14 days before or after cosmetic tattoo - face only
- Laser, IPL within 4 weeks - face only
- Roaccutane - Must wait 12 months after finishing course of this drug
- Steroid use
- Thyroid, hormonal issues (discuss with Grace)
- Alopecia (discuss with Grace)
- Undergoing chemo or other medical treatments (discuss with Grace)
- Anxiety, dislike change, extremely nervous, not ready to do treatment etc
If you have any questions if you're unsure please email us using the form above.
See more FAQs on our 'Services' tab or click here.